Register now for the Photojournalism and Documentary Photography Programme
Registration is now open for the year-long Photojournalism and Documentary Photography Programme (PDP), held at the Market Photo Workshop in Johannesburg.The course is aimed at developing African photojournalists and documentary photographers with regard both to technical skill and the ability of photographers to think critically about the world around them.
The upcoming PDP will begin in January 2012 and is best suited for:
- Practicing photojournalists and documentary photographers who would like to hone their skills
- Persons with recognised prior learningbin photography who wish to advance in the fields of photojournalism and documentary photography
- Graduates in media studies or related fields
- Passionate people with a talent for photography.
The course offers training in various photographic disciplines with the goal of enabling students to produce comprehensive portfolios (comprising hard news, general news, portraits, features, sports/ action images and conceptual photographs) and extended documentary essays. Students also intern with media houses and other organisations, and work on projects that enlarge their awareness of social and economic challenges.
Advance payment on fees is required. A limited number of bursaries are available for deserving candidates.
Applicants deadlline: 19 August 2011. You will be required to submit the following with your application:
- A 300-word motivation indicating why they are suitable for the PDP, with cover letter
- A portfolio comprising 10-15 captioned images (JPEG format, 72 dpi)
- A detailed CV with a full range of contact details (e-mail, phone numbers, address).
- Market Photo Workshop, P.O. Box 8656, Johannesburg 2000
- 2 President St, Newtown, Johannesburg
For further information, phone +27 (11) 834-1444 or visit the Photo Workshop website: www.marketphotoworkshop.co.za
The PDP is run with the support of Getty Images and the Open Society Foundation for South Africa.